Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Delight.....

Tonight has been a pretty good night over all. Got to hang out with some awesome freshman at the BCM and got to hang out with some good friends. But that is not what this blog is about. That is way to simple of a blog post to be anything I would ever post. The real reason for me writing this blog is what came after all of that, after I was alone at my Apartment. What happened when I finally sat down and listened to God for a little bit. So I beg you to keep reading, you never know something I write may actually be something you need to read. Let me first admit that I have started to write many blogs but at some point people do get tired of reading blogs about my struggles. But thankfully this one is not about that. This blog is about me finally realizing some things.

So tonight I went into my room and thought I was just going to play some guitar and just fall to sleep but for some reason I opened up Chris Tomlin’s book “The Way I Was Made” I was reading it and in it was the verse Psalm 37:4 which says,

“ Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart”

Now I am not going to go all Joel Osteen on you but when I read that it made me wonder when is the last time I truly Delighted in the Lord? Then I started to think about how often I wonder why the desires of my heart that are truly of God never seem to come true. God has made us passionate about something and that passion is the desire of out hearts. If anyone knows me one passion I truly have is Christ and I have no problem admitting that passion wherever I am. I have a passion to share Christ and teach Christ and to be able to have an affective ministry for him. There has been some very rough ground recently in my ministry and when I read this it was obvious that the reason this is happening is because I do not delight in the Lord. That is a problem and we all deal with this at times.

So I after truly thinking about this and praying a little bit I sat down with my guitar and wrote a quick little verse that I will write below. But God is always faithful and even though sometimes we do not know why things are happening or where our Joy has gone maybe we should check what we are holding onto that Christ wants us to surrender. It may be tough at times but in the end it is always worth it.


Here is my repentance
finally I praise the father of Heaven
The one who watches my days.
You say I was made by you
and I finally see that truth
So God I apologize for living without You....

1 comment:

Kasi Cannady said...

Love it!!! I totally agree. We go through a lot of storms because we will not let go of earthly things that God wants us to let go of. God is amazing!!!