Friday, March 16, 2012

My Apology to you

I realized something tonight. I long to please people. Even though i act like I don't care what people think, deep inside I do. To be honest I have always felt this way. There is nothing that hurts me more than me hurting someone., which i am notorious for doing. I use to be really good at voicing my opinions without tact and without really thinking about who I may offend. I have lost a few friends because of this attribute. I must admit that when I find out that I have offended someone or have hurt someone that it can bother me for days. I truly think Jesus knew there would be people like me when in Matthew 18 he talks about how to settle problems between people. I think Jesus knew there would be people like me who make people upset and need to be approached about it. 

I must admit that I've gotten a lot better and have tried to make amends with people I have wronged in my life. But I still screw up and make people upset. Since being in ministry the last few years I have been approached a lot due to my over talking or just how I do things. Honestly because of this I have grown up a lot. But I feel that there may still be some unresolved situations from my past. Maybe it was a time in my past where I should have been slow to speak or a time when I have done something I shouldn't have. If this is the case with any of you I would love to speak with you and let you know I am sorry for the things I have done. I am honest enough to admit I am not perfect and never will be but I want to be genuine in everything I do 

We serve a God of redemption and grace and I pray that if anything in my past has hurt you  that you know that I truly apologize. I think a big step in my walk with Christ is owning up to my own sin. So I pray that you all accept my apology if I've wronged you.

Love you all
Brent

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace - Ephesians 1:7

No comments: